Anxiety Cures: Foods and Drinks
People who suffer from anxiety disorder are normally prescribed drugs to counteract their anxiety. The issue with anti-anxiety medication is that they don’t really solve the real problem, but only provide symptomatic relief. Anti-anxiety medication often provoke dislike from people who have used them for some time. This is mainly because of their side effects, and the notion that they don’t really cure the disease.
There are, however, alternatives to drugs in dealing with anxiety disorders. Here are some foods and drinks that can help you fight anxiety.
1) Chamomile tea is a good drink to have if you feel too stressed. Chamomile tea can calm and relax your mind, and soothe your thoughts. If you find it hard to sleep at night, Chamomile can help you sleep. It has natural sedative properties that can bring your stressed mind and tense body to a relaxed state.
2) There is a natural substance in turkey that causes you to relax after eating, it’s called tryptophan. A chemical responsible for maintaining balance in the brain, serotonin, comes from tryptophan. Tryptophan consumed through food also helps in relieving anxiety.
3) Improve your mental and psychological health by consuming avocado. Avocados help lower blood pressure because of its potassium content. It can help you prevent anxiety-induced heart attack by keeping your heart rate steady.
4) Green leafy vegetables mixed with hemp oil is good for your brain. These kinds of food help reduce stress and anxiety. Leafy greens are a good source of magnesium, an element that plays a crucial role in balancing your brain-adrenal axis.
5) Dark chocolate calms you. It’s because it has loads of cocoa that contain stress relievers.
6) Turmeric aids in reducing the incidence of anxiety and stress. Among its health benefits turmeric can help in digestion, healing, and reducing joint inflammations.
7) One of the substances that reduce the incidence of anxiety is folic acid. Folic acid is found richly in asparagus. What often causes anxiety and stress is a lowering of folic acid in the body.
8) Liver and other organ meats are a good source of vitamin B. Vitamin B is also necessary for methylation, a process responsible for serotonin production.
9) Your brain needs zinc to stay healthy, and oysters contain a lot of zinc. Deficiency in zinc causes anxiety.
10) A healthy gut often means a healthy brain. A dairy drink called kefir contains probiotics that help maintain the balance of bacteria in your gut.